Conference Proposal Preparation
When you submit a conference proposal on the IUT website, you will be asked to provide information about the following items, some of which may require preparation beforehand. Therefore, we suggest that you read through this list prior to going online with your proposal. We also request that you adhere to the suggested length restrictions (e.g. “15 words,” etc.). Excessive proposal length tends to make the reviewers grumpy.
The proposal submission deadline is Friday, 5 February 2021.
Presenters will be notified of our decision by or before March 5th.
- Contact information for ALL presenters involved in the proposal
- Preferred format and length of presentation, ranking choices as appropriate:
- Paper presentation
- Digital showcase
- Poster presentation
- Title (maximum length 15 words)
- Proposal abstract (maximum 100 words)—to be printed in the conference program.
- Session description (maximum 500 words)—an opportunity for you to expand on the abstract with additional information concerning your submission.
- Choice of subtheme:
- Supporting remote students
- Promoting active/engaged learning in the new environment
- Assessing affective aspects of learning
- Taking care of ourselves
- Establishing and maintaining faculty networks
- Responding to uncertainty with flexibility
- Describe your active learning exercises (intended for workshop presenters ONLY).
- What ONE reference from published literature do you consider to be the primary reference that supports the content you wish to present. (This does NOT need to be a work you yourself have published.)
- Up to 4 additional citations or references upon which your session material is based.
NOTE: Details and suggestions about the formats for the four different types of conference presentation are available at the IUT website, iutconference.com. Simply pull down the “Participation” menu at the top of the home page to find information relevant to your preferred format. If you have further questions after reading the descriptions presented on the “Participation” menu, please contact Jim Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.